Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Modern 1940's

It can be very difficult to dress entirely from an era that was 70 years ago, so for this week I wanted to show the collaboration of the 1940's style with today's fashion.
I think this outfit represents class while still being aware of what is happening currently. 

First, I chose a fitted sweater with a Peter Pan collar which was introduced in the early 1900's and later became extremely popular in the 1940's. 

Next I chose a skirt that sits right on the waistline which is typically how skirts were worn in the '40's. This skirt is a bit of a body contouring skirt which is definitely a current trend.
I think the gold buttons just add a bit more individuality to the skirt. 

These are two different options for the shoes.
Black with red polka dot flat lace-ups go                                       I chose the light leather boots because perfectly with the black skirt and red tights           BUT                    I thought they brought out the gold                   :)                                                                                                                          buttons really nicely.

 
 Colored tights are really making a splash this year which I'm really happy about because I've always thought they add so much to an outfit especially this outfit that is mostly black and white.
Lastly, I added a red coat to tie it all together!

I hope you enjoyed this post and come back next week for the next one!
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment